Civil Engineering (B.S.)
Civil Engineers are custodians of the built environment and are responsible for all aspects of the world’s infrastructure.To prepare students for these responsibilities, the Civil Engineering program at South Dakota State University provides opportunities for them to solve engineering problems, promote original thought, illustrate the work expected of engineers and stimulate interest.
|Full-time Duration:||4 years|
|Starting in:||August, January|
|Tuition Fee:||$ 372 per credit|
|Location:||Brookings, United States|
If you are intrigued by landmark structures or dream of a career that revolves around meeting the challenging infrastructure needs of modern society while protecting human life and the environment, then civil engineering is a profession to consider.
Civil engineers are custodians of the built environment.
The field of civil engineering includes the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of the built environment such as airports, bridges, buildings, dams, earth retaining structures, highways, irrigation and drainage systems, river and harbor improvements, water supply and distribution systems, waste water collection and treatment, and other infrastructure facilities.
This Civil Engineering program at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Have an aptitude in math and science
- Like to design and build infrastructure systems
- Are a creative problem solver
- Are good with technology
- Have strong communication skills
- Introduction to Civil Engineering
- Elementary Surveying and Lab
- Civil Engineering Materials and Lab
- Principles of Environmental Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering Computer-Aided Design
- Structural Materials Lab
- Water Supply and Wastewater Engineering
“SDSU has really good price for really great experience for the knowledge you gain. If you really want to achieve something, SDSU is a really great beginning for your next step in life. It helped me to understand who I am and what I want.”
– Nargiza (Giza) Mukhidinova, Student from Uzbekistan