Consumer Affairs – Family Financial Management (B.S.)
The Consumer Affairs – Family Financial Management specialization at South Dakota State University focuses on principles and practice of insurance planning, investment strategies, income tax planning, retirement preparation, and estate planning.
|Full-time Duration:||4 years|
|Starting in:||August, January|
|Tuition Fee:||$ 372 per credit|
|Location:||Brookings, United States|
Students majoring in Consumer Affairs who pursue the Family Financial Management specialization are usually interested in financial markets, financial decision, economics, business concepts and working with individuals to develop personal financial management skills.
Graduates are prepared to engage in a variety of careers such as: financial services, financial planning, credit/financial counseling, human resources, marketing and sales.
This Consumer Affairs – Family Financial Management specialization at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Have strong communication skills (written, oral and interpersonal)
- Enjoy working with numbers
- Are an analytical thinker
- Are inquisitive by nature
- Like to solve problems
“SDSU has really good price for really great experience for the knowledge you gain. If you really want to achieve something, SDSU is a really great beginning for your next step in life. It helped me to understand who I am and what I want.”
– Nargiza (Giza) Mukhidinova, Student from Uzbekistan
- Customer Service
- Professional Documents
- Professional Behavior at Wor
- Foundations of Leadership
- Organizational Leadership and Team Development
- Introduction to Consumer Affairs
- Work Family Interface
- Foundations in Financial Management